The Euros is a UEFA organised tournament which holds quadrennially amongst European countries. The 16th instalment was supposed to take place in 2020 but Covid-19 happened so it was pushed to the summer of 2021. 24 teams would be battling it out to win the trophy which was last won by Portugal in 2016.
UEFA decided to switch things up by having 12 cities in 12 countries hosting the tourney. The following teams will be participating in the tournament at the cities listed below, they are; England, France, Portugal, Spain, Italy, North Macedonia, Belgium, Germany, Russia, Poland, Ukraine, Turkey, Czech Republic, Finland, Sweden, Croatia, Austria, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Denmark, Wales, Hungary, Slovakia and Scotland.
The 12 host Cities
1. Hampden Park in Glasgow (Scotland)
2. Arena Nationala in Budapest (Romania)
3. Krestovsky Stadium in Saint Petersburg (Russia)
4. Olympic Stadium in Baku (Azerbaijan)
5. Aviva Stadium in Dublin (Ireland)
6. San Mames in Bilbao (Spain)
7. Parken Stadium in Copenhagen (Denmark)
8. Johan Cruyff Arena in Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
9. Puskas Arena in Budapest (Hungary)
10. Stadio Olimpico in Rome (Italy)
11. Allianz Arena in Munich (Germany) and
12. Wembley Stadium in England
Wembley will host both semifinals and the finals.
I keenly watch 4 National Teams and they are England, France, Brazil and Nigeria but Nigeria and Brazil wouldn’t be participating in this particular tourney as they represent Africa and South America and the tournament is strictly for European teams.
England and France will be the teams I would be rooting for in this 24 team tournament but I wouldn’t rule out Portugal the defending champions from standing a chance of retaining the trophy they won 5 years ago. Belgium are ranked the best team in the world and if they don’t win it then it might be hard for them to ever win a National Trophy.
The tourney kicks off on the 11th of June, 2021 and climaxes on the 12th of July, 2021.
Watch out for my preferred 23 man team to the tournament for England and France and maybe Portugal too.